Sunday, January 8, 2012

Protestants: Communion vs. Eucharist?

I'm a Christian and have been to just a/b every Church you can imagine. Baptist, Church of Christ, Lutheran, Anglican and so on. Growing up my family wasn't religious. They believed in God and Jesus and that's about where it ended, there wasn't much in the theology part, mostly spiritual. I have always craved God's Word and the knowledge and wisdom of it. I always felt communion was very important, it's a yearning in my heart for it. So I was always confused when some Churches didn't regularly practice communion. I started going to an Anglican Church and was very happy they have communion, the Eucharist weekly. Although I am not sure how I feel about the actual bread & wine becoming the Blood and Body of Christ. I have found some great arguments and insight that uphold that belief that seem pretty credible and common sense when readinf God's Word. But for the Protestant side I have found very little to uphold their belief that Jesus was speaking metaphorically. I want to know both sides clearly and I feel that I know the catholic side really well, but I have not heard the Protestant side as well as I would like. So I would love to have Protestants give me clearly their side of communion and why you believe Jesus was speaking metaphorically. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment