Saturday, January 7, 2012

Is making the change from working to being a SAHM difficult?

I am expecting my first child in Dec. and i am worried about staying home and not working. I have had a job of some sort since i was 16 years old. I am a military spouse and will be moving to a new base when the baby is about 8 weeks old. My husband has mentioned that he wouldn't mind if i stayed home with the baby for a while. But i quite frankly am terrified of not working. I have always made my own money and contributed financially to the household. The idea of not doing this scares me to death. Will this be a difficult adjustment and are there things i can do to help adjust. My husband will make enough money to support us as long as we dont live too extravagant and i can accept that. but i'm afraid of going stir crazy so to speak. Has anyone else out there had this issue? My mom worked throughout my childhood and my grandma through hers, i come from a long line of women who worked and raised kids. I almost feel guilty for even contemplating the idea of not working. I am a student as well and plan to continue my education after my babies birth. Should i focus on that and not worry about a job for a while?

No comments:

Post a Comment